You don’t need us to tell you how to relax…or maybe you do! Here are a few ideas for making your stay as enjoyable and relaxing is possible.
- The smart TV allows you to log into your own Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Roku, etc. accounts for your binging pleasure.
- If you prefer to go “old school,” bring some DVDs to play in the DVD player (we also have a few DVDs).
- Bring your favorite CD’s for background music.
- We have a deck of cards, but bring any board games that your family likes to play.
- There’s a fireplace to cozy up with a good book. Or books, if you so wish!
- We’ve got a work station in the upstairs bedroom; so, if you need a quiet place to write without interruption, this is the perfect spot.
- Maybe you want to hang out in pajamas all day, but make sure to bring comfortable shoes to explore outdoors if you so desire.
- Have you been trying to finish that UFO (unfinished craft project)? You’ve got the perfect spot to make progress and even finish it. This is a great place for a quilting or crafting retreat.
- Bring some soothing bath salts to enjoy in our clawfoot tub.
- We provide coffee and filters, but bring your own cream if that’s what you prefer. There is nothing more glorious than sitting on the balcony or porch with your coffee to enjoy the quiet and watch the sun rise and fog lift from the mountains.
- There’s a fire pit in the front circle, so bring all your goodies for making S’mores!
** One thing to keep in mind: We are in a dry county. Berea, which is fifteen minutes away, has alcohol sales in some restaurants, but you cannot purchase alcohol at a store within about thirty minutes from our cabin. If you would like to enjoy a bottle of wine or other drinks, you may want to purchase them prior to your visit.